August 25, 2020
Speaker: Victor Joecks
information for our events
Our Monthly Newsletter
Stay in the know
What's Happening Around Town
- Active Republican Women (ARW) – arwlv.com – Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at Red Rock Country Club at 5:30pm
- Republican Women of Las Vegas – rwlv.org – Meets the 3rd Wednesday at Maggiano’s Fashion Show Mall at 11:30am
- Boulder City Republican Women – http://chamberorganizer.com/bouldercity/mem_bcrw – Meets the 3rd Thursday at Railroad Pass Hotel/Casino at 11am
- Spring Mountain Republican Women – springmountainrw.com – Meets the 4th Thursday at Salvatore’s Italian Rest at 10:30am
- Mesquite Republican Women – mesquiterepublicanwomen.org – Meets the 2nd Wednesday at Mesquite Veterans Center at 5pm
- Nevada Republican Club – nevadarepublicanclub.com – Meets the 1st Tuesday at Ahern Hotel/Casino at 11am
- Praise, Prayer, and Patriotism Rally – Clark County Republican Party – August 6th
- Thursday Town Hall: Special guest Katie Williams for Clark County School Board! – Nevada Republican Party – August 6th 5:30 pm
President Janice Sutcliffe
Per-se-vere: To persist in any purpose or enterprise; continue striving in spite of opposition, difficulty, etc. Endure, carry on, strive, hold out.
There aren’t many fun or up-lifting things to talk about so instead, I’d like to talk about perseverance, why I think we Republicans have it, and how we are applying it during these historically unprecedented events.
At I write this, it’s been 107 days since Governor Sisolak issued a sweeping state-wide order shutting down basically everything in our state. There are many opinions and theories about why he took this drastic measure, but one that can’t be ignored is the impact it will have on the 2020 election. If people are confined in their homes they can’t gather in church, social settings, or go to work….they’re stuck at home watching fear-mongering news 24/7.
We’re told that for our safety and well-being, we can’t go to the polls to vote in the primary – we have to do mail in. We can’t gather in groups of more than 50 people (except casinos, liquor stores and a few other ‘essential’ businesses) so forget about holding the Clark County Republican Party and Nevada GOP conventions to nominate delegates to represent Nevada in November right?
Nope. That’s were perseverance comes in. When almost everything in the state was shut down and in spite of all the mandates and restrictions, the Clark County Republican Party (CCRP) rescheduled the convention, found a venue and had a very well attended and successful convention! They persevered.
The Nevada GOP presented a comprehensive convention plan to ensure they were in compliance with all protocols required by the Governor. One week before the scheduled convention date, and despite meeting all requirements, state officials would not approve a physical convention. What now…cancel the convention? No way! They held a virtual Zoom convention with attendees from all over the state. They preserved.
What about SHRW? After being forced to cancel our last three luncheons due to the shutdown, and with the restriction on group size still in place, we weren’t about to cancel again so a plan was born…..why not have two luncheons? So, we did! It wasn’t what we wanted to do, and it wasn’t perfect, but we were able to have our luncheon(s). We persevered.
There is some good news to share and we’re pretty excited to tell you. Beginning this month, we will be returning to our regular luncheon schedule and we couldn’t be happier. Mark your calendar for Tuesday, July 28 – we’re back!
Republicans persevere– we don’t give up! No matter what the polls say, or what the ‘fake news’ media says, we persevere and we’re going to put that attribute to good use in November to “Keep American Great Again!”
#MAGA #TRUMP 2020
For the Country,
Janice Sutcliffe, President
Southern Hills Republican Women
What People Say