October 27, 2020
Speaker: Mark Amodei
information for our events
Our Monthly Newsletter
Stay in the know
President Janice Sutcliffe
We’re in the Countdown!
November 3rd is just around the corner but there’s still a lot of work to be done! We’ll do our best to keep you updated – check our website for all the latest information: www.shrwhendersonrepublicanwomen.com. Click on the Resources at the top of the Home Page and select 2020 Elections.
- Voters can now sign up for ballot tracking and ballot status alerts here.
- Ballot and sample ballot mailing dates by county can be found here.
- Early voting, Election Day, and ballot drop-off locations by county can be found here.
- There is a lot of misinformation circulating about the 2020 general election. The Secretary of State has prepared a helpful document titled 2020 General Election Facts vs Myths.
Poll Watcher Training
The ability to operate in-person polling locations depends on the availability of poll workers – sign up to help!
- If you missed the live training, you can still be a poll watcher. Please click here to watch the 17-minute training video and make sure to fill out the form/affirm your support for the President. Filling out this web page is critical for all volunteers because once completed, you are on the list to receive instructions on how to tell us your availability to poll watch.
Door Knocking, Call Bank, Signs, Campaign Office Locations
- It’s not too late to be trained to use the Trump Advantage software and start knocking on doors to get out the vote!
Not into walking? Phone Bank Volunteers are needed!
Contact the Trump and Rodimer Campaign offices to sign up for training, pick up yard signs and other general information.
- Trump Campaign Office: 700 S. Boulder Hwy.
- Rodimer Campaign Office: 8690 Maryland Pkwy
Recommended Republican Candidates
- Make your vote count! We’ve included a list Clark County Republican candidates for County Commissioner, State Senate, State Assembly and their respective districts.
- We’ll do our best to keep you updated – check our website for all the latest information at shrwhendersonrepublicanwomen.com
Voting in Person
- Early Voting – Early voting begins on Saturday, October 17 and runs through Friday, October 30. Days and hours of operation vary by county. A list of early voting polling places by county can be found here. In order to avoid lines on Election Day, everyone voting in person are encouraged to vote early.
- Election Day – Polling locations open at 7:00 am on Election Day and remain open until 7:00 pm. As long as you are in line by 7:00 pm, you will be allowed to vote. A list of Election Day polling places by county can be found here.
- If you vote in person you will have to one of the following:
- If you have your mail ballot, surrender your voted or unvoted mail ballot to an election official at the voting site.
- If you do not have your mail ballot, you will sign an affirmation at the voting site swearing you have not already voted in the current election.
Mail Ballot Drop-Off Sites
- If you want to drop your ballot go to clarkcountynv.gov/vote for locations, dates, and hours that vary. All early voting sites will serve as mail ballot drop-off locations from October 17 – 30 (Saturday – Friday.)
One Last Thing
We are happy to announce that Congressman Mark Amodei will be our featured guest speaker in October so be sure to make your reservation early – this will be a sold-out event!
See you OCTOBER 27th for our next luncheon – reserve your seat early!
Janice Sutcliffe, President
Southern Hills Republican Women
2020 Ballot Questions
Fundraiser and Special Events
What's Happening Around Town
- Active Republican Women (ARW) – arwlv.com – Meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at Red Rock Country Club at 5:30pm
- Republican Women of Las Vegas – rwlv.org – Meets the 3rd Wednesday at Maggiano’s Fashion Show Mall at 11:30am
- Boulder City Republican Women – chamberorganizer.com – Meets the 3rd Thursday at Railroad Pass Hotel/Casino at 11am
- Spring Mountain Republican Women – springmountainrw.com – Meets the 4th Thursday at Salvatore’s Italian Rest at 10:30am
- Mesquite Republican Women – mesquiterepublicanwomen.org – Meets the 2nd Wednesday at Mesquite Veterans Center at 5pm
- Nevada Republican Club – nevadarepublicanclub.com – Meets the 1st Tuesday at Ahern Hotel/Casino at 11am
What People Say